Barceló Maya Grand Resort in the Riviera Maya—comprised of Barceló Maya Palace, Barceló Maya Beach, Barceló Maya Caribe, Barceló Maya Colonial and Barceló Maya Tropical—has announced plans to open the new Barceló Maya Riviera adults-only, all-inclusive resort in December 2019. In May 2020, the resort complex is slated to open one of the largest convention centers in the region, the Barceló Maya Arena. A combined investment of $250 million has been invested into this expansion project.
The new Barceló Maya Riviera resort will offer:
- 850 guest rooms—more than half of them with ocean views
- Hot tubs in all guestroom balconies
- Double Beds or “Super King” options for all guestrooms
- 110 Swim Up Suites and Junior Suites
- Smart locks through smartphone app
- Five restaurants (four specialty restaurants and one buffet restaurant). The specialty restaurants will offer an array of cuisine, including Mexican (with a “Tacoyaki” bar), French fine dining, Italian, and Japanese (including 10 Tepanyaki tables and one Robatayaki table for fireside cooking)
- Five bars
- Four pools
Barceló Maya Grand Resort’s convention center will include over 190,000 square feet of customizable multi-purpose space for expos, conventions and events. Additionally, a 3,400 square feet terrace is available for gala receptions. For destination weddings, there is also a gazebo near the resort’s infinity pool that has oceanfront views.
In other Barceló Maya Grand Resort news, the property has opened its own theme park. Ventura Fly & Ride Park has both high-altitude and non-altitude rides.
For more information, visit https://www.barcelo.com/en-us/