Berkshire Hathaway Travel Protection (BHTP) is launching AdrenalineCare, a new travel insurance that is specifically tailored for adventure travelers, with features like enhanced baggage protection, coverage for extreme activities and higher medical limits.
AdrenalineCare coverage includes:
- Up to $750,000 in medical evacuation coverage, BHTP’s highest limits
- Up to $50,000 in emergency travel medical insurance
- Up to $500 in equipment delay coverage if the traveler’s sports equipment such as skis, scuba gear, mountain climbing equipment or other gear is delayed 6 hours or longer
- Up to $1,500 in baggage coverage to cover lost, stolen or damaged luggage
- A $150 fixed benefit for the inconvenience if baggage is delayed 12 or more hours; if eligible, travelers are awarded the full $150 to use as they wish for simply enduring the delay
- Up to $200 to reimburse the fee paid for a hunting or fishing license if the insured must cancel
- Comprehensive trip cancellation, interruption, delay, and missed connection protection
- 24/7 global travel assistance available via phone or email for travel and medical emergencies
According to BHTP’s State of Travel Insurance 2019 report, adventure travelers go on more trips than regular road trippers (4.87 annually versus 3.45). AdrenalineCare is tailored specifically for these adventurous travelers, because they face greater risk when traveling to experience a sport like motor racing or packing expensive equipment to ski or climb.
BHTP also provides travelers with an “pic-and-a-click” claims process, flight tracking and expedited payments for travel disruptions via BHTP Burst.
For more information, visit https://www.bhtp.com/