Air medical transport company Medjet is making its highest-tier product, MedjetHorizon, available to buy in short-term membership increments, starting November 1. Prior to this, the company’s Medjetassist membership was the sole option available short-term, and MedjetHorizon memberships were solely available as an annual protection option.
The company was founded in the early 1990’s. Medjet pioneered a membership-based global air medical transport program: MedjetAssist. In 2015, Medjet introduced its MedjetHorizon product with medical transport plus travel security benefits as a result of the growing concern for its members’ safety and security when traveling.
The full range of MedjetHorizon membership benefits include access to:
- Hospital-to-hospital medical transport if a member is hospitalized more that 150 miles from their residence
- 24/7 crisis response for natural disaster, political threat, hijacking, acts of terrorism, kidnap for ransom, disappearance, violent crime, blackmail and extortion, pandemic and wrongful detention
- Access to emergency medical cash advance of up to US$60,000
- Specialty hospital transfer, personal travel advisories, emergency medical translation and legal referral services
- Transfer of mortal remains
The short-term MedjetHorizon membership is part of the company’s lineup of travel protection products like collegiate memberships for students and faculty studying or teaching abroad, and expatriate memberships for travelers going abroad for a longer time.
Available in intervals of 8, 15, 21 and 30 days of coverage, short-term MedjetHorizon memberships start at $184 for an eight-day individual membership and $310 for an eight-day family protection membership.
For more information about Medjet, please visit: www.medjet.com.