Nexion Travel Group recently presented its third annual Luxury Travel Sales Summit and its inaugural Leap into Luxury Travel Forum to support its travel advisor members who seek to expand their business by attracting more clients interested in luxury travel. The Luxury Travel Sales Summit convened in Nashville, TN from November 2 to 4, and the Leap into Luxury Travel Forum took place November 10 to 12 in Fort Lauderdale, FL.
Hosted by Nashville’s Hutton Hotel, the Luxury Travel Sales Summit was an invitation-only event. Nexion Travel Group’s top luxury sellers were invited to deepen their luxury travel knowledge and learn new techniques to sell this highly profitable type of travel. Attendees toured top hotels in Nashville for onsite inspections, participated in supplier product presentations and met one-on-one with suppliers. They also gained new ideas through several keynote speakers:
- Sarah Dandashy, Golden Key Concierge: “How to Work with a Concierge & the Gold Key Concierge Program Worldwide”
- Karl Kannstadter, director of expedition sales East USA & Canada, Silversea Cruises: “Rise of Adventure/Expedition Luxurification & The Galapagos”
- Michael Heflin, senior vice president, hotel division- Travel Leaders Group: “Building Community”
- Grammy-nominated singer/songwriter Jordan Reynolds entertained Luxury Travel Sales Summit attendees with a private concert.
This year was the first time Nexion Travel Group offered the Leap into Luxury Travel Forum. Designed for the travel advisor newer to luxury travel, this forum focused on basics, best practices and how to best use Nexion Travel Group’s tools to build a luxury travel practice. Attendees were introduced to upper premium/luxury suppliers for learning and networking and heard from experts on a variety of business topics. Speakers included:
- Larry Pimentel, president & CEO of Azamara Club Cruises: “Putting Price in Its Place”
- Sandy Stevens, vice president of sales & guest relations, Paul Gauguin Cruises: “Survive and Advance by Leading from the Heart”
- Perry Lungmus, vice president, Travel Leaders Network: “The Value of Specialty Certifications”
- Cris De Souza, vice president, sales & marketing, Nexion Travel Group: “Prospecting Acceleration—Honing Your Luxury Travel Sales Skills.
The Leap into Luxury Travel Forum was hosted by the Pelican Grand Hotel & Resort in Fort Lauderdale.
For more information, visit join.nexion.com.