Wholesale tour operator Avanti Destinations has launched a number of new, easier-to-use air-inclusive packages, plus a new informational and marketing campaign that includes a special bonus commission offer. The 2018 “Go365” campaign includes 14 air-inclusive fixed “Avanti Journeys” FIT packages and 43 new customizable land-only FIT itineraries with specially negotiated off-season prices.
Agents can earn an additional $100 bonus commission for each Avanti booking of at least $2,500 made between June 1, 2018, and August 31, 2018, for travel to Europe, Asia and Central and South America between October 1, 2018, and March 31, 2019. The booking does not need to be for a Go365 product. Agents must submit a coupon available on the new Go365 microsite (www.avantidestinations.com/go365) to qualify for the bonus commission.
The travel agent microsite includes details on the bonus commission and a link to the Go365 e-brochure, which has been designed to pass along to FIT clients and describes the 57 new vacations. Avanti sells exclusively through travel agents.
The 14 new air-inclusive “Journeys” vacations offer agents a simplified alternative to Avanti’s customizable FIT land-only itineraries, the tour operator said. Journeys have fixed itineraries and include roundtrip air from the United States, hotel, all land or air transfers between and within the destinations, as well as sightseeing tours, activities and add-on products. There are nine Journeys to Europe, three to Latin America and two to Asia.
Avanti’s airline contracts allow stopovers and translate into no extra checked baggage charges for air segments between destinations. Air-inclusive “Journeys” are commissionable at 10 percent and must be booked by calling an Avanti reservations agent at 1-800-422-5053.
For each “Journeys” vacation, the only choices clients need to make are dates, gateway and class of air and rail travel, and category of hotel.
Quoted prices are for roundtrip air from JFK for “Journeys” to Europe and Latin America, from LAX to Asia, although air can be booked from any U.S. gateway. “Journeys” are themed around culture generally, art/architecture, romance or food/drink.
Here’s a sampling of the new “Journeys”:
- Highlights of Ireland & Britain: 12 days/11 nights in Dublin, Edinburgh, Manchester and London. Includes private arrival/departure transfers in select cities, hotels, air or rail travel between destinations, Guinness self-guided tour with tasting, tour of Glendalough, Kilkenny and the Wicklow mountains, “Secrets of the Royal Mile” walking tour, “Highland Lochs, Glens & Whiskey” tour, panoramic tour of London, and City of London Gin Distillery tour and tasting and roundtrip transatlantic air. From $3,205 per person (economy air), $5,955 (business air).
- Grand Romantic Cities (Europe): 13 days/12 nights in Paris, Budapest, Rome and Venice. Includes private arrival/departure transfers, hotels, air between destinations, private night tour of Paris with Champagne, Moulin Rouge show with dinner, private wine bar walking tour in Budapest, dinner cruise with live music on the Danube, private panoramic tour of Rome, private dinner, private walking tour of Venice with stops at bars for aperitifs, private gondola serenade and roundtrip transatlantic air. From $4,685 (economy air), $7,1099 (business).
- Cultural Capitals (Europe): 10 days/9 nights in London, Lisbon and Madrid. Includes private arrival/departure transfers, hotels, air between destinations, private tour of London by classic black cab, private Lisbon city tour, fado show (Lisbon) with dinner, private cultural tour of Madrid with lunch, flamenco show with dinner (Madrid), and roundtrip transatlantic air. From $3,715 (economy), $4,165 (premium economy), $6,655 (business).
- Ancient Wonders of Europe: 10 days/9 nights in Istanbul, Athens and Rome. Includes private arrival/departure transfers, hotels, air between destinations, private Bosphorus tour, private Istanbul history tour, private Athens city tour with Acropolis Museum visit, taverna dinner (Athens), private Rome tour with Colosseum visit, private Vatican tour, and roundtrip transatlantic air. From $4,119 (economy), $7,299 (business).
- Andean Experience (Peru, Bolivia, Chile): 17 days/16 nights in Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu, Cuzco, Lake Titicaca, La Paz, Uyuni salt flats, San Pedro de Atacama (all-inclusive resort), Santiago. Includes all transfers (ground and air), hotels, Machu Picchu entrance with lunch and private tour, Uyuni to San Pedro de Atacama tour, choice of Atacama tour, Santiago bike tour, eight lunches, six dinners, daily breakfast, roundtrip air from JFK. From $7,119 (economy), $8,589 (business)
- Past and Present of Japan and Thailand: 12 days/11 nights in Tokyo (present day focus), Kyoto (past), Bangkok (present), Chiang Mai (past). Includes private arrival/departure transfers, hotels, air between countries, Green (1st)-class rail between cities within each country, Japanese pop culture tour, private home visit with tea ceremony/kimono experience (Kyoto), private Bangkok tour by tuk tuk, on foot, boat and train, private tour to Royal Park Rajapurek and Wat Doi Khom temple (Chiang Mai), and roundtrip air from LAX. From $5,839 (economy).
Of the 43 new customizable Go365 itineraries, 27 are in Europe, seven in Central and South America, and nine in Asia. All 43 may be customized to add more nights, activities, transfers or destinations.
Many of the 27 Go365 customizable European itineraries are built around uniquely winter experiences, such as viewing the Northern Lights, dog-sledding, Christmas markets and waltzing in Vienna during the winter ball season.
There are 19 single-city “Winter City Break” vacations, including some in less-touristed destinations, such as Turin, Lisbon, and Zagreb, as well as the more expected London, Paris, Nice, and Rome. Prices range from $389 for a 3-night city break in Prague or Athens to $1,399 for a deluxe 3-night city break in Bologna. There are also eight multi-city itineraries ranging from $1,289 (“Tale of Two Cities: Dublin & Belfast”) to $6,375 (Reykjavik and North Iceland).
Seven new customizable Central and South American Go365 itineraries provide warm-weather vacations in winter, with an emphasis on scenery, beaches, natural wonders, soft adventure and cultural history. They run the gamut from the 11-day/10-night “Ultimate Ecuador”, which includes a 4-night Galapagos cruise, to the 6-day/5-night Guatemalan “Highland Wonderland” vacation to the 9-day/8-night “Brazil Beach & Culture” itinerary, taking in Rio, historical Paraty and idyllic Ilha Grande.
Nine new customizable Asian Go 365 itineraries include several to tropical beach destinations such as Bali, Thailand and the Philippines, and others with an emphasis on culture. A new “Beauty of Japan” itinerary visits Tokyo, Nagano, Kanazawa and Kyoto, with a tour to see the snow monkeys and remote, picturesque Shirakawago, with its traditional thatch-roofed houses.