CIE Tours has launched a new website with enhancements ranging from more intuitive navigation to a more robust travel agent portal.
Direction for the new website came from travel agent and consumer research, the company said. Human-centered imagery, thematic videos, articles and a rich content showcase were some of the updates. The new website also provides travel insights and content that previews the company’s itineraries.
Phase one of the new website is live now, with more features and functionality to be introduced in the future. Additional enhancements will include improvements to the online reservation and booking management system, customizable downloadable tours, and a superior asset management library for flyers, logos and more.
More Robust Travel Agent Portal
The enhanced portal will allow travel agents to flip or tab through reservations, plus it will include an event calendar and have a robust promotions section. A new dashboard tracks individual and group bookings, held reservations, earned commissions and potential commissions.
In the new site, travel agents and their clients can benefit from the following key changes:
- More intuitive navigation
- An easier booking experience
- Search and filter options enabling users to more quickly identify tours that match their interests and needs
- A mobile-friendly design with a longer scroll that’s easier for users to view on their smartphones
- Detail pages for each tour that highlight its key elements with more evocative imagery
- Hotel pages that provide a more in-depth view of the accommodations that guests will experience, including lists of amenities
- An improved departure calendar for choosing itineraries based on timing and price
- Downloadable full-color pdfs with detailed tour itineraries that are easy to share
Surname Search Tool for Heritage-Seekers
New to the CIE Tours site is an interactive search tool designed to appeal to the burgeoning heritage travel market. Visitors who seek to learn more about their Irish or Scottish roots can input a surname to find the counties associated with that family’s history and a list of tours that include those destinations.
New 2020 Tours
The new website also showcases a number of exciting new tour types and themes introduced by CIE Tours for 2020. Among them: Ireland by Road and Rail, daytripper tours in London and Southern Ireland that allow guests to settle in to a single hotel as their home base for multiple days of excursions, a Castles & Manors of Ireland tour for history buffs, and a River Cruises Collection featuring Danube and Rhine itineraries.