Princess Cruises has announced that all Caribbean Princess passengers now have access to the new Ocean Medallion technology from Princess’ parent company, Carnival Corporation. The Ocean Medallion is a wearable device that is meant to act as a personal concierge, offering way finding, food and beverage ordering, gaming, entertainment, and other functions. The device itself is a quarter-sized, 1.8-ounce disc that can be accessorized with jewelry, clips, key chains and bands or simply carried in a pocket or pocketbook.
“Having 100 percent of our guests using Ocean Medallions on every sailing of Caribbean Princess is a significant milestone that we are celebrating on the path to fleet-wide implementation,” said Jan Swartz, president of Princess.
The Ocean Medallion continues to roll out as part of a phased activation plan that since early September has been used by all of the 3,100 guests on Caribbean Princess. The device taps into sensors around the ship and does everything from opening a stateroom door, to tracking where kids are on the ship, to ordering a favorite drink and having it delivered at a particular time, or to personalizing an entertainment experience, among other features.
The Ocean Medallion pairs with an optional personalized digital concierge called the Ocean Compass, a digital experience portal available online, on smart devices, on kiosks in home ports, on stateroom TVs, on interactive surfaces located throughout the cruise ship and on devices carried by all guest service hosts.
Both the Ocean Medallion and Ocean Compass combine with a network of proprietary sensors and computing devices embedded throughout the ship, home ports and destinations that keep track of guest experiences and preferences in real time, allowing for a personalized cruise experience.
Medallion Class vacations offer guests a portfolio of Ocean Medallion-enabled features including:
- Keyless Stateroom Access: Stateroom entry is a seamless experience where each guest is securely validated and the door automatically unlocks, with personalized greetings launching soon.
- MedallionPay: All guests use an easy payment experience enabling crew members to focus on guest service interactions.
- OceanCasino: On smart devices and select portals, guests can wager real money on a portfolio of games, including slots, poker, bingo, roulette, keno and lottery from anywhere on board.
- OceanCompass featuring OceanNav and ShipMates: On select portals, guests can use OceanNav for point-to-point wayfinding throughout the ship via an intelligent navigation assistant, and utilize ShipMates to locate friends, family and kids.
- JourneyView: On portals throughout the ship, guests can access a real-time look at their itinerary, along with events and activities taking place during their cruise.
- OceanView: Guests can stream more than 100 hours of Ocean Original travel content – which airs nationally on weekends on ABC and NBC - to their smart device anywhere on the ship at no cost.
- PlayOcean: On portals located ship wide, guests can play family games, including trivia, word jumble, a matching game, and Ocean Treks Adventure – an interactive, ship wide digital scavenger hunt.
For more information, visit www.princess.com.