Golden Princess (November 2018), Crown Princess (November 2018) and Ruby Princess (January 2019) will join four other Princess ships scheduled to debut the Ocean Medallion: Regal Princess on November 13, 2017, Royal Princess on January 19, 2018, Caribbean Princess on March 18, 2018 and Island Princess on May 16, 2018.
The device, powered by an interactive technology platform within the One Cruise Experience Access Network (OCEAN), gives guests added personalization. It can be worn around the neck or wrist, as a clip, or in a pocket. Unlike similar tap and go technology, guests just need to have the Medallion on them to use it. All Princess Cruises Caribbean ships are soon set to have Ocean Medallions.
Some of the initial services will include:
- The ability to add a profile before boarding to expedite the process.
- Replacing the key card with the Medallion.
- The ability to place food and beverage orders to be delivered to selected locations.
- The ability to choose when and where food and beverage order should arrive.
- Ocean Navigate: Accessed through the Ocean Compass, a digital concierge accessible through stateroom TVs, guests' own smart devices, or through a crew member. Guests will be able to locate and message family member as well as find their way around.
Golden Princess will return to Melbourne from October 2018 to April 2019 with departures to the South Pacific, Tasmania, South Australia and New Zealand. Crown Princess is expected set sail for the Autumn 2018 Caribbean season, and Ruby Princess will sail from Los Angeles for a season of West Coast traveling.