A number of new sales contacts are on tap this week in executive moves in the travel industry.
SeaDream announced that Christopher Gamble has joined the company as senior vice president of sales for North America. He will lead the organization’s sales growth in the region, working with travel professionals and national account partners. He has over 25 years of experience, having worked with organizations such as Dell, General Electric, Intel and Indeed.
In air travel news, South African Airways appointed Umar Chaudhry as director, sales development for the western region of the United States. He brings over 10 years of sales and leadership experience to the airline, having served in sales management positions with Turkish Airlines, and he will be based in Los Angeles, reporting to Marlene Sanau, vice president – sales, North America. Chaudhry’s sales region of responsibility will include Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon and Washington.
In agency news, Lynn Aguilera has been tapped to lead Protravel International’s new Orange County office in Corona del Mar. She is a longtime luxury travel advisor and also manages Protravel’s San Diego location.
- Marc Casto, SVP Corporate Operations, Casto Travel
- Jackie Friedman, President, Nexion Travel Group
- Tiffany Hines, President & CEO, Global Escapes, Inc.
In hotel news, Kempinski Hotels appointed Michael Pracht as its chief financial officer and as a member of the management board, replacing Colin Lubbe, who stepped down from the role on June 30. Pracht has more than 35 years of finance and operations experience in the hospitality industry, most recently serving as general manager at HMS, a part of Maritim Hotel Group.
Auberge Resorts Collection named Hilary Meisel its director of global accounts, Northeast, putting her in charge of handling group clients based on the Eastern Seaboard and working with on-property teams across the collection. Prior to joining Auberge, she served as senior account executive, luxury account sales for Marriott International.
A number of individual properties also made new leadership appointments this week:
- The Thompson Zihuatanejo in Mexico hired Danyelle Montgomery as its new director of sales and marketing.
- Radisson Blu Mall of America named Gary O’Driscoll its director of sales and marketing.
- Conrad Punta de Mita and Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort named Marco Tabet and Maxence Bonnamain, respectively, as general managers.
- Prince Waikiki announced the appointment of Joshua Hargrove as general manager.
- The Allegretto Vineyard Resort welcomed Jodi Graham as the new national sales manager.
Finally, in destination news, Visit San Jose named Matthew Martinucci as vice president of sales and destination services. He will lead the destination marketing organization’s sales department, joining the organization from the Silverado Resort and Spa in Napa, where he was the vice president of sales and marketing.