Ensemble travel agency owners, frontline counselors, and preferred partners will converge in Dallas this fall to attend the 2017 Ensemble Travel Group International Conference set for October 16-20 at the Hyatt Regency Dallas at Reunion in Dallas, TX.
Member survey results from last year's annual meeting indicated 97 percent of respondents said that the 2016 Ensemble conference in San Diego delivered value for the money spent, Ensemble said. A content-rich program, learning opportunities, and networking were main factors for the high ratings. This year’s event is based on the theme “Think Big” and will explore industry trends, business practices, and Ensemble initiatives designed to help Ensemble members succeed in the business of travel.
Ensemble Co-Presidents Lindsay Pearlman and Libbie Rice will kick off the four-day event with their state-of-the-organization address on Monday morning, October 16. New this year to the closed-door owner/manager session is the addition of Eben Peck, ASTA’s senior vice president of government and public affairs, who will delve into the “state of our world” about the many issues impacting the business of travel from a political, economic, and security perspective. Continuing the popularity of last year’s Executive Exchange, Frank Del Rio, president of Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings, takes the hot seat in Dallas in a session moderated by industry veteran Jeff Drew.
Other highlights of the 2017 Ensemble Travel Group International Conference include:
- Conference keynote speaker Ryan Estis will offer a presentation built around case studies, original research, and customized insight from Ensemble.
- Also taking the general session stage at the conference are Frederic Gonzalo on “How to Think Big Online With Digital Marketing”; Larry Pimentel, president and CEO of Azamara Club Cruises on “The Era of Enrichment and the Affluent Traveler”; John Casey, director of corporate learning for 2logical, on corporate culture and developing peak performers in “Building Stronger Relationships With Your Team”; and Sam Richter on mastering prospects and customer intelligence in “Think Big (Sales) Online!”
- Frontline travel specialists will boost their Ensemble and industry expertise, not to mention their own personal well-being, through interactive sessions led by National Training Managers Kim Specht and Cathy Varrecchia; and Kathleen Passanisi, therapeutic humorist, medical professional, and author on opening your mind to a different way of thinking in “It’s Your Life – Choose Well.”
- Daily Supplier “Happy Hours” with participating partners (at press time): Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection, Club Med, Viking Cruises, Delta Air Lines, Tourism New Zealand, TravCorp, Seabourn, ShoreTrips, Azamara Club Cruises, Allianz Global Assistance, and Hawaii Visitors & Convention Bureau.
- Conference attendees will also have opportunities to network with Ensemble’s preferred partners in prime-time events such as the Hotel & On Location Exchange and Trade Show; and Air, Car, Cruise, Destination, Insurance, Land/Tour, Rail, Specialty & Other Services Trade Show.
- Before the official conference kickoff Monday, members can attend the Ensemble Cruise Hosting or Navigate trainings on Sunday, plus a variety of sessions Monday morning, including a new Ensemble Digital Marketing Series; a look into the big business of destination weddings; and a management session on creating organizational success.
- In addition to the fanfare of the closing conference dinner at AT&T Stadium, evening events include an opening reception and Circle of Excellence gala and Make-A-Wish auction, which last year raised more than $150,000 for this worthy nonprofit organization.
Ensemble Travel Group members can register for the conference via the Ensemble Extranet.